Who are we?
For over 30 years, Signpost has been working to improve the quality of life for unpaid carers in Stockport. We are a small charity and couldn’t do our work without the support of our volunteers.
From office work to walking groups, there are lots of ways you can get involved, which you can find here on the website or by getting in touch.
Volunteering at Signpost can be a great way to meet new people, help the local community, learn new skills and build your experience. We support the Community Champions initiative run by Sector 3, which is another route to developing your skills.
Who can volunteer with Signpost?
We have an inclusive volunteering policy at Signpost and welcome applications from everyone, irrelevant of background.
Do you have a special skill?
We’re open to hearing from volunteers who want to share their skills and interest with our carers. Let us know if you have any particular ideas.
Benefits of volunteering with Signpost
- Meeting new people and become part of a caring team.
- Supporting local people in the community.
- Training and development.
- Develop skills and experience.
- Out of pocket expenses reimbursed.
- We can provide references.
We are currently recruiting the following voluntary positions:
- Workplace Carers Champion
- Walk to Fitness Assistant
- Time for a Brew, Marple
- Dementia Friends, Marple
- Dementia Friends, Heaton Moor
Depending on the role, you may be required to provide references.